[AZ-Observing] Re: 5 Mile Meadow, prescribed burns, and other useful info.....

  • From: "Rotramel, Rick (AZ77)" <rick.rotramel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:31:48 -0700

> From: Thad Robosson [SMTP:starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx]
> same junction where the meadow is.  He added that around Stoneman Lake
> there is about 8 miles of washboardy roads, but was very confident
> sounding that this is the best route in terms of time and mileage despite
> this.  Any thoughts on this Steve Coe?

> Thad

        I've driven on the Stoneman Lake Rd. from I-17 to Forest Highway 3.
It is bumpy in spots and fairly long. If you wish for a pleasant drive, use
the southern route from I-17 via 260 to 87 to Forest Highway 3 (Lake Mary
Rd.). I don't think you'd save that much time.

        For you east valley guys, 87 to FH-3.

        Rick R.
        SAC