[AZ-Observing] Re: 5 Mile Meadow

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:19:30 -0700

Yes it did get a tad colder than expected.  Prior to heading north the
temperatures were predicted to be in the high 30's to low 40's F.  At
the site the cold temps didn't seem to take effect until near twilight.
The worst time for me was Sunday morning, it got so cold for me that I
got out of the sleeping bag to find and put on a heavy shirt, climb back
in, catch my breath, warm up and go back to sleep.

Yes, it was down in the 20's out on the meadow and cold for me.  The
interesting fact was when going to bed a plastic container under the
trees had water in liquid form - it hadn't frozen.  The temperatures
under the trees is warmer, by several degrees, than on the meadow.

Thanks for the climate stats,
aj