[AZ-Observing] 400 Years of the Telescope (KAET airing?)

  • From: "Spencer, Darrell" <DSpencer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:29:13 -0700

I've been skunked twice now on the airing of this program, once having
stayed up until 2AM to see it.  A while back, I took a look at the
program website and found that it's a very slick production presented in
a smooth style, narrated by Neil Tyson.
For some reason, our local PBS affiliate seems to have underestimated
the local interest (at least I think they did) for this program.  Shame
on KAET for relegating a finely produced, top-notch program like "400
Years of the Telescope" to  2 or 5AM timeslots on a weekday mornings AND
and/or digital subchannel airings at odd hours.  In the International
Year of Astronomy (2009) and in a location sometimes described as a
mecca for astronomers, the Phoenix market deserved better.

Does anyone know if this program will air at a respectable time?   I was
told after contacting KAET (and complaining) that the program would air
at 10:00PM tomorrow night (4/29).   This was a month ago.  Now, I see
that the 10PM slot is occupied by "Horizon".

Am I missing something?    Either way, I'm pretty frustrated.

Thanks,

Darrell Spencer

This communication, including any attachments, may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged, confidential or legally exempt from disclosure.  If
you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that you are not
authorized to read, print, retain a copy of or disseminate any portion of this
communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so may be
unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately
notify the sender via return e-mail and delete it from your system.