[AZ-Observing] 3 Planets + Elnath 05272013 - Getting Better

  • From: "David M. Douglass" <dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 09:54:24 -0700

Well, three images so far…. And getting better (I think).
Jan is having a pretty good time with this. We may have “hooked” her.

The first night:
http://az-douglass.net/astronomy/recent-images/3-Planets-n-Star-0182-0525201
3.jpg
Venus is low and center.  Jupiter is higher and to the left. Mercury is
above Venus, but to the right, next to the top of the palm tree. Elnath is
high, and about ¾ to the right side.

The second night:
http://az-douglass.net/astronomy/recent-images/3-Planets-0226-05262013.jpg
A little trouble here. Again, it’s a new camera (Canon Rebel T3i), and we
are still in a “learning curve”. The planets are a little larger than
normal!
But still…. They are there.  Venus center and low. Jupiter higher and to the
left. And Mercury high and to the right, in the tree.

The third night:
http://az-douglass.net/astronomy/recent-images/3-Planets+Star-0294-05272013.
jpg
Getting better. This darn camera has more settings and switches than you can
believe.  This time we marked the image with IDs.

If you care to look, please do. All comments welcome.
Jan is having a good time.

David M. Douglass
dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (secondary)
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (main)