[AZ-Observing] 2nd Annual SWAP Event - Tucson Oct 29-31

  • From: "David M. Douglass" <dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 09:07:18 -0700

This is an email I received, because I attended the SWAP conference in
Tucson last November, along with the ASAE event.
The information has not yet made wide distribution, so I am forwarding to
the EVAC lists so that you can be aware of the event.
I plan on being there. If you are too...   then I shall see you there.

Dear friends in Astrophotography,

Please join us for SWAP 2014. The 2nd annual Southwest Astrophotography
Seminar will be held October 29-31 at the Tucson Convention Center in
Tucson, AZ USA. Registration is now open.
We again recommend staying at The Hotel Tucson City Center InnSuites  where
Wednesday's 'Comrades In Arms' sessions will be held. Please be sure to
return the registration form with your desired topic. While still early,
it's time to start preparing for Tucson 10/29-31, and ASAE- Arizona Science
and Astronomy Expo on 11/1-2. We've got an incredible lineup of speakers-
drum roll please...

Land/Skyscape Photography ala TWAN
We are the first major imaging conference to address this popular and
gorgeous genre. Mr. Rogelio Bernal Andreo will teach us how to produce
stunning APOD photographs like these-
http://www.deepskycolors.com/landscape.html
https://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskycolors/sets/72157635312137077/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskycolors/

 Deep-Sky Imaging
Mr. Ken Crawford- Chairman of the Advanced Imaging Conference, Photoshop
expert, and the recipient of over 30 APODs
Mr. Rogelio Bernal Andreo- PixInsight expert and recipient of 30 APODs
Mr. Richard Wright of Software Bisque- The Father of The OpenGL SuperBible,
astro-imager, speaker, and best-selling author. Richard will cover the nuts
and bolts of getting started in image acquisition, and also DSLR cameras

Warren Keller with an overview of image processing for beginners in several
programs.

Solar System Imaging
Mr Alan Friedman- Solar artist extraordinaire, recipient of many
SpaceWeather.com and APOD images
Mr. Christopher Go- Planetary imager extraordinaire. When we think of
Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars shots that make our mouths water, we think Chris
Go!
Mr. Robert Reeves- Noted author, amateur astronomer, and one of the world's
foremost High-Resolution Lunar imagers

Scientific Imaging
Dr. Arne Henden- Director AAVSO
Mr. Tim Puckett- Director Puckett Worldwide Supernova Team
Professor Ben Jenkins- Spectroscopy

Not bad you say? Incredible we say! Thanks for your support and interest.
 Hope to see you in beautiful Tucson for Halloween! Please help us spread
the word via Cloudy Nights, astronomy clubs, and other forums!

 To Register   http://www.scienceandastronomy.com/swap-2014/

 As always, please let us know if you'd like to be removed from this list.
 --
My best, Warren
Warren A. Keller

David M. Douglass