[AZ-Observing] Re: 2006 AAMM, was The Meade Mount

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 15:16:29 -0700

Since AJ is the man who take the time & effort to organize and run the
marathon, It's his cal as to how the event is run. Personally, I think he
does a bang up job and the reason the event has grown to it's current
stature is due to his efforts. That being said, is the idea of differing
categories something that should be looked at? Probably. But since AJ has
indicated to me that he has no desire to go beyond the current scope of the
marathon, if it is going to happen, someone will need to take ownership of
it. Speaking as president of the club, I would entertain ideas from anyone
who is willing to put the work & effort into organizing an event that could
be run in parallel with the AAMM. If this is really something of importance
to you, take the initiative to make it a reality.

My 3.97720 Slovenian Tolars Worth

Rick Tejera
President
Editor SACnews