[AZ-Observing] Re: 2005 All Arizona Messier Marathon

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:32:01 -0700

\Brian, actually I didn't stop to calculate the percentage illuminated; but
then you surmised that, which is why the message.  Hopefull, next time there
is a small crescent, I'll remember the advice.

Thanks,
aj

Brian Skiff wrote:
Moonset 9:19pm, 2.68 days old It isn't clear how much the moon will
interferewith early setters. I would think it would provide an excellent
starting point for finding things as twilight deepens. You might also want
tonote the RA/Dec of (say) the center of the illuminated part, so you can
useit to offset from as a check on stars picked up telescopically in the
region. Interfere because of scattered light? Forget it! It'll be less than
10 percent illuminated, and anything less than ~15 percent is as good as no
Moon at all. \Brian -- See message header for info on list archives or
unsubscribing, and please send personal replies to the author, not the list.