[AZ-Observing] Re: 13 Objects Shy of a Perfect Herschel 400 Marathon

  • From: skylook123@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:56:38 -0400

Tom, you might be creating a monster!

I did a Wild Guess check on the night of February 13 this past month.  Using
sunset/sunrise times in Earth Centered Universe, there were 12 hours and 59
minutes between sunset and sunrise.  That gives one minute and 56.8 seconds
between objects; no nap, no potty break.  Now THAT'S an adult size marathon!

I used NGCView to plot an observing order and son of a gun, it is doable
(NGC7009 might take averted imagination), but not sure if by a human!

Thanks for a great challenge.

Jim O'Connor