[az-leader] please help Heritage Fund

  • From: "Az Heritage" <alert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-leader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:42:16 -0700

It looks as though the Heritage Fund is safe for the 2002
budget.

   However, the Legislature will be working on the 2003
budget during the next
        couple of weeks.  The 2003 budget will go into
effect in July 2002.

               The Parks Board has asked the staff it look
into its
                  options if the Heritage Fund is lost.

 These options include the suspension of ALL Grant programs
   (including Local, State & Regional Parks, Trails and
Historic Preservation),
        the closure of up to 10 of the 30 State Parks, and
                       layoffs of Parks employees.

 The Heritage Fund supplies the funding for 90% of the Game
              & Fish department non-game programs.

 The Arizona Heritage Alliance has started an on-line
petition
 to Save the Heritage Fund.  Please, pass this information
on to
      your members.  We need at least 500 more signatures!

   If you have not called, emailed or written you
Legislators,
                  please do so and ask them to leave
                        the Heritage Fund intact.

 (To sign our petition or for a link to the Legislative web
site check our web site at
                        www.arizonaheritagealliance.org )

                   Again, thank you for your support and
help.

You are subscribed to AZ-LEADER. To post to this mailing list, simply send
email to az-leader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe, send email to