[AVAPL Members] seeking curriculum for walk-in group

  • From: "Sawyer, Nicole L." <Nicole.Sawyer@xxxxxx>
  • To: VHA Local EBP Coordinators <vhalocalebp@xxxxxx>, "members1@xxxxxxxxx" <members1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:48:52 -0400

Hello All,

Thank you so much in advance for helping us out with ideas and/or materials...

We are hoping to get what we are calling a daily "Wellness Group" running at
our facility where any veteran can walk in at a designated time every day for
support.    ie M-F from 1-2pm

I am curious if any other facility has such a group, or open walk in time, and
if so, what does it look like? Is there a curriculum or agenda, do you have
prescribers and therapists involved, etc...

We are hoping to make this useful to those veterans whom have completed their
MH treatment but may need a quick check-in from time to time, and/or for those
veterans waiting to get involved in individual therapy (some of you might have
a "wait list group?") that need support in the mean time...

Any thoughts or materials would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Nicole L Sawyer, PsyD
Evidence-Based Psychotherapy Coordinator
Licensed Psychologist
Manchester VAMC
718 Smyth Rd
Manchester, NH  03104