[AVAPL Members] Re: question about event capture

  • From: "Lovett, Steven Ph.D." <Steven.Lovett@xxxxxx>
  • To: <members1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:09:18 -0700

We are also beginning to use it on some of our residential programs here at
Palo Alto.  As previously stated, it does allow one to code some activities
that do not involve face to face patient contact, which is good, and it
doesn't require appointments to be made in order to code an encounter.  It
does take some time to enter and providers need to keep track of what they
are doing if they wait until the end of the day to enter information.  When
a unit starts using event capture here, the DSS clinical person has worked
with staff to identify the types of 'events' that occur most frequently and
have set up the entry templates to reflect those.  That can be quite a time
saver.

Steve

Steven Lovett, Ph.D.

 Chief, Psychology, VAPAHCS