[AVAPL Members] Re: product lines versus stand alone service

  • From: "Besyner, James K" <James.Besyner@xxxxxx>
  • To: <members1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:27:24 -0600

Psychology in Dallas has recently been melded into the MH  Product Line
after having been a separate service until 2 years ago.  The ACOS for MH
is the "service chief" now.  I, by arrangement with the COS and ACOS/MH,
maintain the title of Chief of Psychology and have final say over hiring
and other administrative matters pertaining to Psychology including
being the second level signer on performance appraisals (as well as
being the developer of those performance standards).  Our leadership
team consists of several folks including the Chief of Psychiatry,
Associate Chief of SW, and the Associate Chief of Nursing for MH.  It is
truly matrixed but I've found it to be quite workable for Psychology
overall and me in particular as Chief.

James K Besyner, Ph.D., ABPP (Clinical)

Chief of Psychology

Mental Health Service

VA North Texas Health Care System

Dallas, TX

Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry

University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center

Voice:  214-857-0534

Fax:  214-857-0531