[AVAPL Members] Re: new VA/non-APPIC sites

  • From: "Zeiss, Robert A." <Robert.Zeiss@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Crema, Kathryn C." <Kathryn.Crema2@xxxxxx>, "VHA Psychology Internship Directors" <VHAPID@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "members1@xxxxxxxxx" <'members1@xxxxxxxxx'>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 13:41:34 -0500

I really can't reply about licensure.  Perhaps some of our more
experienced training directors can respond to that part of the question.

However, under VA's Psychology Qualification Standards, individuals
graduating from accredited doctoral programs who successfully complete
an OAA authorized and funded new, not-yet-accredited internship ARE
eligible for VA employment or VA postdoctoral fellowships.  Check out
section 2.b.(2) in the attachment.

Bob

Robert A. Zeiss, Ph.D.

Director, Associated Health Education