[AVAPL Members] TBI residential options?

  • From: "Braun, Michelle M." <Michelle.Braun@xxxxxx>
  • To: 'AVAPL Membership' <members1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:18:14 -0400

Hi everyone,

Greetings from Boston!

I would appreciate learning about any national resources that might be
available to provide residential neurorehabilitative service to a NSC veteran
with chronic moderate TBI and significant associated behavioral dyscontrol
(head banging, spitting, etc). We have exhausted all local options to find a
suitable placement, and the veteran's Treatment Team is interested in
determining whether there are placement options/resources in other states.

Thank you in advance for any information that you can provide.

Best,
Michelle

Michelle Braun, Ph.D., ABPP
Assistant Director, Inpatient Mental Health
Diplomate in Clinical Neuropsychology
Boston VA Healthcare System
Instructor in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
940 Belmont Street, 116A
Brockton, MA 02301
Office: 774-826-3189
Fax: 774-826-3724