[AVAPL Members] Psych Testing Software Questions

  • From: "Worthen, Mark" <Mark.Worthen@xxxxxx>
  • To: <members1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:04:52 -0600

The discussion about MH3 raised a couple of questions for me:

1)      Do all VISN's use MH3? We have psych testing available on VISTA
but I don't know if that is what you all are referring to. I haven't
noticed any of the problems you all mentioned but if we're using MH3, I
want to be on the lookout for them!

2)      We recently purchased some new psych testing software and our
local OI&T director had serious concerns about us using it (I
unfortunately do not know what his specific concerns were). This was
confusing for me because we already have a host of psych testing
software programs available to us through VISTA. There also seemed to be
a general lack of awareness about those psych testing programs (e.g.,
MMPI-2, PAI, Mississippi Scale, etc.) already available to us or how to
load new programs so that they would also be available via VISTA. Is
there any single individual or group to whom we could turn for
assistance? I'm hoping that there might be someone who could assuage the
OI&T director's fears about "those psych folks and their software." ;-)

Many thanks,

Mark

Mark D Worthen PsyD

Department of Veterans Affairs

Texarkana Community-Based Outpatient Clinic

910 Realtor Avenue, Texarkana, Arkansas 71854

Office: 870-779-2732 | Cell: 435-647-6706

Fax: 870-216-2583