[AVAPL Members] MHA3 Glitch?

  • From: "Siegel, Wayne" <Wayne.Siegel@xxxxxx>
  • To: <members1@xxxxxxxxx>, "VHA National Psychology Chiefs" <VHANationalPsychologyChiefs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:53:24 -0600

In Minneapolis, we had a very unusual and concerning glitch with the
MHA3 where the MMPI-2 and Mississippi Scale test data for two patients
was switched.

For patient #1, when the testing was complete, MHA3 printed the correct
data but with Patient #2's name and SSN on the printout. The data for
Patient #1 was then not viewable in MHA3. The MHA3 screen was completely
blank.

For Patient #2, the printout and MHA3 reflected the correct data but it
took quite a while to figure this out  since we had the printout from
Patient #1 with Patient #2's name and SSN and the printout from Patient
#2 with the correct name and SSN.

This makes no sense because I am sure the system uses SSN as the unique
identifier. The only other unusual factor was that Patient #1 taking
over 4 hours to complete the MMPI-2.

We are wondering if others have had similar issues. Luckily, the two
patients' results were not that dissimilar but if this were not the
case, it could have resulted in wrong clinical and C&P decisions.

Wayne

Wayne G. Siegel, Ph.D., ABPP
Licensed Psychologist
Director of Training/ Psychology Supervisor
Minneapolis VA Medical Center
612.467.4024
wayne.siegel@xxxxxx
http://www.minneapolis.va.gov/education/psychology/psyc_home.asp