[AVAPL Members] Re: Jim Besyner

  • From: "McNamara, Kathleen M." <Kathleen.McNamara@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Burk, Jeffrey P." <Jeff.Burk@xxxxxx>, "VHA National Psychology Chiefs" <VHANationalPsychologyChiefs@xxxxxxxxxx>, "VHA Psychology Internship Directors" <VHAPID@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "VHA Psychology Postdoctoral Training Directors" <VHAPPTD@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <members1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:10:22 -0800

     As others have already mentioned, the "reply to all" is not my
usual way of responding to personal things.  But, the loss of Jim is one
of the times when being close to others with a shared perception and the
same feelings, even if only through e-mail, might help to temper the
sadness with the good memories.  The warmth and openness that was always
present wherever Jim was is foremost in my memories. I saw him balance
integrity, dedication, and commitment to our veterans and to our
profession with the humor and laughter that could make any situation
another moment filled with the richness of living and the joy in being a
psychologist. I hope I can come closer to that balance as I remember
what a wonderful opportunity I have had to know Jim. Jim was a most
special person. I know I will reflect on the time I had to enjoy being
with him, often with a mixture of sadness and some of the mirth that he
always imparted. I am sad for our loss as his Psychology family, and
cannot imagine the deep sadness that his family must be feeling.
   Malcolm, June and Steve, thank you for being with the family and
sharing how deeply felt Jim's loss is to our Psychology family, and how
many of us wish we could be with them to console and support them.

Aloha,   Kathy