[AVAPL Members] Re: Intake Questionnaires & Measures

  • From: "Cornell, Marlene M." <Marlene.Cornell@xxxxxx>
  • To: <members1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:53:04 -0800

Russell,

Re PTSD (especially for returning vets and any vet) :

Consider attaching to the packet you develop  a PCL-C. (a self report 17
items scale re existence and intensity of  PTSD symptoms.)

You are probably familiar with the PCLC; -- it's  in CPRS in the Mental
Health Assistant.  If the vet took it on the computer there, it would be
automatically computer scored and give you a report to print out that
indicates which PTSD criteria (if any) the vet  met (as well as provide
an overall PTSD score.)

Alternatively, of course, the hard copy of PCL C in the VA Cognitive
Process Therapy Workbook  may be used and the vet's responses entered
into the computer by staff.