[AVAPL Members] Re: How to Improve the Implementation of Evidence-Based Psychotherapy in the VA

  • From: "Burda, Philip C (MIAMI VA)" <Philip.Burda@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Lemle, Russell" <russell.lemle@xxxxxx>, <members1@xxxxxxxxx>, "VHA Psychology Postdoctoral Training Directors" <VHAPPTD@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "VHA Psychology Internship Directors" <VHAPID@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "VHA National Psychology Chiefs" <VHANationalPsychologyChiefs@xxxxxxxxxx>, "V21SFC Psychologists" <v21sfcpsychologists@xxxxxx>, <Joan.Zweben@xxxxxxxx>, "Armstrong, Keith" <Keith.Armstrong@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 16:15:50 -0400

I wonder how much of this emphasis on  "evidence based" therapies is
political since most of these complexities would not be issues for
non-mental health providers.  Requiring that VA staff provide Veterans
only with "evidence based psychotherapy" would seem to be a very good
thing to folks who are not well versed on the topics discussed here.