[AVAPL Members] APA Ballot

  • From: AVAPL Webmaster <webmaster1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: members1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:26:01 -0400

 Sending this message on behalf of Dr. Mark Hinterthuer:

The ballot for APA President was released this week and I would like to strongly encourage everyone to consider Dr. Paul Craig as their first choice. I have known Paul for over 20 years and I firmly believe that he would be an outstanding choice for President. I served as the Arkansas Representative on the APA Council of Representatives for several terms. During the first few terms, Arkansas was in a coalition with several other smaller states including Alaska (This was before the "Wildcard" legislation that granted each state their own voting seat). Paul was the Representative from Alaska and I got to know him quite well and to see him in action. He has always been bright, curious, interested in learning something new and had the knack of seeing the big picture and making things happen. He was well respected by everyone on Council. Since those days, Paul has served as APA Treasurer during some difficult times. He has served quite well in that capacity and I feel he has a good knowledge of the opportunities and challenges of our profession. Paul did complete part of his fellowship training in a VA setting on his way to his ABPP in Clinical Neuropsychology. While he has worked in private practice in Alaska for many years, I know that Paul is interested in issues that impact Veterans and in learning of the real and continued improvements the VA has made in recent years as well as the challenges that remain. I know that Paul will listen and do what he can to ensure good communication with everyone involved with Veteran issues.

In closing, I will add that Paul is a very positive person with a great sense of humor. I strongly urge you to consider him for APA President.

If you would like more information, I would direct you to Paul's practice and campaign websites:

www.drpaulcraig.net <3D%22http://ww=>

www.paulcraigforapapresident.net <3D%22http://www.paulcr=>

Thanks,

Mark Hinterthuer, Ph.D.