[authorafrica] AuthorAfrica ebooks, 2005, 2006

  • From: "Bruce Cook, AuthorMe.com" <cookcomm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AuthorAfrica ListServe <authorafrica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 07:21:47 -0700 (PDT)

Good morning,

The 2005 ebook is now in final draft stages and I
enclose the cover pages for your perusal. Please let
me know of any changes right away.

Here is a listing of contents. If anyone has another
story to include, please send it next week.

Ken Mulholland - essay
Nyankami - essay
Blessing Musariri - Too Close for Comfort
Nyankami ? The Reckoning
Chika Onuoha ? Fading Dream
John Oryem? Amna?s Tears
Valentine Umelo ? I Remember Syl
Anietie Isong ? Story on the way
Anthony Esezobor ? Kingdom of Darkness

I will send separate emails containing pdf files for
each author's separate parts in the book. Later the
entire work will be available for all.

If you cannot view the attached 6-page pdf, let me
know and I can send a text version.

Here is a reminder of our deadlines for this ebook and
the one planned for the 2006 Caine Prize entries.

End of July Final submissions - 2005 ebook  (from last
year's submissions) - see attached
End August Release of 2005 ebook
End September Final submissions - 2006 ebook
End October Judges make final decision on submissions
(6 stories in final ebook)
End November Release of 2006 ebook
End December Formal Submissions to Caine Prize Judges

May I comment that I deeply appreciate this collection
of stories and, for me, it has come to represent the
spirit of John Oryem's comment - "We are the winners!"
Having read the Caine Prize winner for last year, I
can truly say that the Author Africa stories deserved
more recognition. It is my hope that this ebook will
at least move in that direction.

Enjoy,

Bruce