atw: XDK and multi-file find/replace

  • From: "Margaret Hassall" <Margaret.Hassall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:19:44 +1100

Hi all,
I'm a Robohelp user trying to help out the XDK users in the office and
have hit a problem.

We have a HTML help system for policies and procedures - over 800 word
files with many topics - that is managed by XDK, with the "source"
documents stored as Word files and html is then generated.

We need to make a few global updates to some words and phrases that
appear in the text, and in headings, and in hyperlinks. For example,
change all occurrences of "Audit" to "Validation".

Our experiments so far have shown the FAR tool to be most helpful BUT

In order to use it, we converted the Word documents to HTML, ran the FAR
tool on the HTML files, then converted them back into Word documents.
This seems to work OK.  (we wrote a word macro to save, and save as).

When we get the files back into XDK, we can see the changes and links,
but the table of contents does not update.

Can anyone suggest where we might be going wrong here? My
troubleshooting mindset is stuck in Robohelp mode and doesn't know where
to look for table of contents settings.

Any help appreciated.

Margaret

Margaret Hassall
Publications Manager
Computershare Technology Services
Abbotsford, VIC
+61 3 9415-5000 ext 5923
email: margaret.hassall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---
This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of
the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
privileged.  If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return
email immediately.  Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it
and destroy any copies immediately.
Computershare Limited and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for the
views expressed in the email or for the consequences of any computer viruses
that may be transmitted with this email.
This email is also subject to copyright.  No part of it should be reproduced,
adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.