atw: Re: technical writers/editors in Melbourne

  • From: "David Hutchinson" <Dave.Hutchinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:48:22 +0100

As I am not looking for a new role at the moment I am not sure how
bouyant the market is. Cambridge is known as a 'centre of business and
technological innovation' and apparently quite a lot of TAs are employed
there. Expensive part of the world though.=20

Check out http://www.plainwords.co.uk/job_perm.html and
http://www.cherryleaf.com/vacancies.htm for vacancies. I am a member of
the UK professional body for technical communicators - the ISTC
(Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators), see their web
site too - http://www.istc.org.uk/.=20

No idea about migration unfortunately but the govt here has now
implemented the Australian-style points system for migrants so you might
find it hard going.=20

David.=20