atw: Re: amazon address format

  • From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Australian Technical Writers List <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:37:31 +1000

Erisa Linsky asked,
>Does anyone know how to get Amazon to send books to an Australian address?
>I have one with a PO Box and one with an apartment number.   Tried several
>combinations and it still wont work.  Probably doesnt like the area code.

On the rare occasions that I have had books sent from Amazon to an
Australian address (a PO Box), I've never had a problem, but I haven't
tried it in several months.

Over how many days have you tried to do this? I've found that Amazon, and
many other websites, occasionally has hiccups that prevent things from
working as they should. If I wait a day or two and try again, then it all
works as it should with no problem. The past few days have seen all sorts
of things going wrong with the Interent, including Bigpond's SMTP server
simply not working for quite awhile.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx