atw: Re: Writing IS Programming!!

  • From: "Sonja McShane" <smcshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:16:55 +1100

>>However, do we cater for emotions in Tech Writing?<<

Depends on the audience. I wrote web content for a travel-related
website once and was allowed to have a much more liberal style, but it
still wasn't really emotional writing.

On the whole, I'd say tech writing was emotionless. I don't think that
has to mean that it is dry, although I suppose that comes down to the
individual's interpretation.

Sonja