atw: Re: Who says that we are not perceived to be glorified secretaries?

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:08:26 +1100

Hmm, Elizabeth (Fullerton).

Austechwriter, Prince of Gripe Lists

Act III. Scene I.

A Room in the Castle.

To suite, or not to suite: that is the question:
Whether =92tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of trying to earn an outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by E-mailing them to others? To type: to get coffee; ...

With apologies to William Shakespeare (1564=961616) and The Oxford=20
Shakespeare.  1914.

<http://www.bartleby.com/70/4231.html>

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas

At 12:49 17/3/2004, you wrote:
>i'm not sure about the verb "to suite", either. maybe it has something =3D
>to do with the casting couch.
>
>i once had an agent ask me "so, can you type?"

Michael Granat -- Write Ideas*

Plain English Technical Communication.
Advertising Copywriting.
Business Writing.

E-mail:         writeideas@xxxxxxxx
Web Site:               <http://home.pacific.net.au/~megranat/>

*Trading As business #0828673K
  Registered (1987) Corporate Affairs Victoria, Australia.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

E & OE