atw: Re: Wacky Warning Label Contest [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: "Warren Lewington" <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:17:50 +1100

Darwin award level winners at the don't ask you really, really don't want to
know quality. Put it this way, if there was no WorkCover, we would have a
collectively higher IQ in this country just because of the attrition rate in
the automotive industry.

The problem isn't necessarily that we keep losing tradesmen (I leave men on
here because only males could be as stupid as some of the knuckleheads I
worked with) in this country, it is the fact that the stupid ones keep
getting safety good-luck charms and stay alive. Darwin was right, and the
only way humans learn is by making mistakes. The mistake here is that we let
stupid people stay alive. That will be at our detriment next war. At least
in the past, we only sent the smartest cannon fodder, the rest were all
killed BEFORE they enlisted.

We got to the level we are at because only the strongest and smartest
walking apes stayed alive. The rest got eaten by sabre toothed tigers,
admittedly they were imortalised by becoming fossilised.

Probably easier for rock headed people to be fossilised I guess.

Wassa.
wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxx

WJL Consulting.
PO Box 404,