atw: Re: Tips: Opening files in other programs

  • From: "HALL Bill" <Bill.HALL@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:32:58 +1000 (EST)

Craig's tips are interesting (I didn't know about dragging the file into an=
 application already opened), but the one I use most often in a Microsoft e=
nvironment is simply to select the file in Windows Explorer, right click th=
e Open With option (which will give you a choice of several obvious editing=
 programs which can be clicked plus the option to Choose With - which allow=
s you to select any editing program on your computer.

My big issue is editing HTML files people have created using MS Word, where=
 it is difficult to convince Windows to let you use anything else. Open Wit=
h solves the problem.

It is so obvious, I often forget it's there.=20

Regards.

Bill Hall
Documentation Systems Analyst
Head Office, Engineering