atw: Re: The term: stet

  • From: "Erica Ferrigno" <EFerrigno@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:33:34 +1100

What a flood of responses! I know it as a proof-reader's mark (from my uni
days studying journalism) which means "let it stand".

There's a reasonably complete list at
www.editexpress.com/proofreader_marks.html if you're interested to know
what all the squiggly lines mean. It's divided into operational signs and
typographical signs.

Regards,
Erica.

Paul said:
It is probably an industry-specific term. But I thought I'd seek advice.
Should I add this term to my list of 'must-know mark up' terms or ignore it
as idiosyncratic?

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee; access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient: (1) you are kindly requested
to return a copy of this message to the sender indicating that you
have received it in error, and to destroy the received copy; and (2)
any disclosure or distribution of this message, as well as any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on its content, is prohibited
and may be unlawful.