atw: Re: Simplified English for mining industry documentation

  • From: "Jill Nicholson" <jpnicho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:14:18 +1000

I have investigated the Boeing one as I teach Aerospace engineers. I found
it far too restrictive and decided to leave it out of the teaching syllabus.
The Aus mining industry did not have one a few years ago when I dealt with
them. It could be that the big US based companies may now have one, but
adaptation to Aus English is often not done.
Cheers
Jill

Jill Nicholson
N&H Communications