atw: Re: SEC: UNCLASSIFIED Gerunds rule OK (WAS Re: Macquarie dictionary

  • From: "Chris Lofting" <lofting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:13:16 +1100

Hi Bruce,

> just making the point that as professional communicators, we
> should at least
> run a spell check before sending out emails to a peer group. Failing to do
> so warrants a slap in my book.

no no no! this is relaxation time - I turn my email checker off, it is such
a pain! This is warts'n'all realm! ;-)

> BTW, I can't see where the vanity angle comes in Chris but I'll defend my
> desk mirror to the death.

:-) as I said previously, intellegent people, when they come across
something 'unfamilar' will immediately pop into vanity mode - thinking to
themselves, they are intelligent and they cannot understand X then X must be
rubbish and immediately dismissed - since, they are, after all, intelligent.
;-) nice mirror, god I look cool... nice mirror... ;-)

Chris.