atw: Re: Problems with embedding files into Powerpoint and PDF files

  • From: Teena Hughes <teena.hughes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:43:02 +1000

Hi Ilana,

I can offer a suggestion for your second predicament.

There are many cases where hyperlinks don't work in PDFs for many and varied
reasons. Recently I created one MS Word for Mac document, complete with
hyperlinks and Saved As PDF, only to discover hyperlinks don't work. Judging
by the number of complaints on the internet this is far too common.

After much research and testing I've found a fabulous solution -
http://OpenOffice.org

Download to your Mac or PC, use File Open to open your current document,
then you can EXPORT to PDF, which saves the hyperlinks.

I do hope this helps, good luck!

PS - You might also like to try OpenOffice 'powerpoint' presentation option
to see if that solves your first problem :-)

I've stopped using Word now unless I really have to - OpenOffice also allows
you to save in Word format if you need to do so.

Cheers
Teena Hughes