atw: Re: OT: Respect

  • From: "Peter Stroud" <stroud2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:37:01 +1000

Unfluff those feathers guys and gals,

I don't know Christine from a bar of soap so could only go by her comments.
They inferred she was looking at advertising the services of one or more
senior technical communicators and was then asking how to communicate that
fact.

This seemed ironic to me and worthy of comment.

Michael (Granat) obviously took umbridge at my comment and, using a quaint
turn of phrase, confirmed Christine's experience level so I'm happy to take
him at his word.

Christine then expanded on her earlier message and I understand where she is
coming from and agree with much of what she said.

Mr Hadden chose to comment but he is incorrect on my use of the term "with
all due respect". I use it to basically say "I could be wrong because I do
not know you personally or professionally however, this is what I think of
your message ...".

If I want to really have a go at someone, I rarely think they are due ANY
respect and comment accordingly.

Enough said from me I think.

It's Friday, the fridge is full and it's two hours 'til freedom.

Cheers.

PS