atw: Re: Microsoft Manual of Style

  • From: John Maizels <jmaizels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:43:59 +1100

Let's see... I have a wheel rodent on this PC and a trackpoint rodent on the other PC. The indicator stalk in my car would be a "human interface device", and supports both left and right click operations.

Um... I hesitate to ask, but I don't have a Kindle. Is the MMoS available for the iThingie platform?

John

At 13:22 9/02/2012, you wrote:
I've been using the MMoS (3rd edition) since I discovered it the sale bin in an ordinary bookshop many years ago. I went and bought a coffee and started reading it immediately! (Much to the amusement of my wife.)

I've been looking forward to it being updated, especially re interface elements, and Howard's comments encourage me to think that it really has been.

Re "mouse devices" etc., I remember laughing when I plugged in a mouse and Windows told me it had detected a "human interface device". That's a prime example of why a wordsmith should always be involved with any text a user might see.

Nick

John P Maizels
Mobile: +61-412-576-888

Media Versatilist:  no problem too complex
Consulting Broadcast Contributor, CX-Network
www cx-tv com

SMPTE Director of International Sections
www smpte org au
Chair,  Media Industry Technologist Certification Ltd
www mitc tv