atw: Re: Microsoft Manual of Style

  • From: Howard Silcock <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 17:02:12 +1100

My reaction was pretty much the same as Janice's: what do you mean, 'if you
can'? I suppose it must mean something like 'if your sentence becomes just
too clumsy'. But in my view including the superfluous word 'devices'
already makes it too clumsy.

On Robert's point about buying from O'Reilly, that was the first place I
looked - they sell it for $23.99. Then I tried Amazon and found it was
$9.99. Well, O'Reilly offer free upgrades and also provide both EPUB and
PDF formats. But if you buy the Kindle version you'll find it contains an
offer from O'Reilly to upgrade it for $4.99 and get those benefits thrown
in - and you're still ahead!

Howard