atw: Re: Jason tab (was Table of contents - Ctrl+A F9 (Unclassified))

  • From: "Allan Charlton" <Allan.Charlton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:24:30 +1100

Thanks, Elizabeth
I don't know the Jason character, because I don't watch horror movies.
However, I do recall a discussion of the bug.  What a pest!  It's
another example of Microsoft trying to second-guess their software users
and getting it wrong.  They would be far better occupied just fixing the
known bugs.

I reckon that no new features should be built until all the bugs are
fixed and the users have stopped complaining about the old features.

Fortunately the Jason tab bug hasn't bothered me - perhaps through dumb
luck, but more likely through excessive verbosity in headings.  :-)

Allan
>>> Elizabeth_Fullerton@xxxxxxxxxxx 19/01/2005 2:36:22 pm >>>

The Jason tab is that annoying tab that appears sometimes when you
create a TOC - you notice it if you have a short heading, because the
page number zips in to the middle of the page. It's a bug. And called
"Jason" after that horror movie character (Halloween? Friday 13th? - I
don't watch that stuff, it gives me nightmares!)=20

Not sure if it's been fixed in more recent versions of Word.

Regards

Elizabeth Fullerton
Business Solutions Architect
Infosys Australia