atw: Re: Irregular Word cross reference behaviour

  • From: Craig Hadden <craig_john_hadden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: atw <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:41:43 +1100 (EST)

Janet wrote:
> I want to link ...to Word's bookmark ...not my own

Why? What'd be wrong with linking to your own?

> Removing my bookmarks is not an option.

I don't understand why you need 2 bookmarks on each
heading.

> Can anyone suggest how I can force Word to
> use _its_ bookmarks and not mine?

In the Cross-reference dialog box, you _could_ choose
Bookmark instead of Heading, but then of course you
have to choose from a list of generated bookmark-names
instead of a list of readable headings.

P.S. I'm having problems posting to the list lately
too. I ended up using my old Yahoo webmail account to
get around the problem. You could always set up an
account (at Yahoo or Hotmail or wherever) for posting
to the list. It's quick and easy.

Regards,
Craig

http://au.movies.yahoo.com