atw: Re: How does List Number style restart after higher level in Report Template

  • From: "Petra Liverani" <petsky@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:18:08 +1000

Thanks for all your responses. I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear which
is always embarrassing in this profession. I don't actually have a problem I
just wondered how in the Report Template the List Number style restarts
numbering after a higher level when the List Template that is active when
you look at Format/Style/Bullets&Numbering doesn't seem to match it. It also
seems odd that Microsoft didn't choose Outline Numbering through
Format/Styles/Bullets&Numbering but simply through Format/Bullets&Numbering.
I'm just wondering if perhaps they do it a different way than seems to be
normally recommended and if their way tends to work better. I've read
everything I can about Numbering but I always seem to have some sort of
little problem or other. Actually, I did find a comprehensive document on
List Templates - it's at http://www.microsystems.com/pdfs/ListTemplates.pdf
if anyone is interested.

Petra