atw: Re: How does List Number style restart after higher level in Report Template

  • From: "Fullerton, Elizabeth" <Elizabeth.Fullerton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:16:02 +1000

It most probably was =
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/WordsNumberingExplained.htm=20

-----Original Message-----
From: BIRTLEY-KENT,Christine [mailto:Christine.BIRTLEY-KENT@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 March 2004 11:03 AM
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: Re: How does List Number style restart after higher level
in Report Template

I once researched all this when I thought I had time to master it, and
found that Word has a truly remarkable process for storing bullets and
numbering styles.  After working out all the logic (and subsequently
entirely forgetting it) I decided it was getting close to being
impossible for mere mortals (my users).  I did however, get numbered
headings working consistently for the document I was developing that did
not have to be maintained by general users.

If you have the time, and get all the rules, and have a few days to
spare to play with it all, you should be able to fix it.  I think it was
someone on this list who gave me a link to a document that explained all
the rules.

Christine

Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files =
may
be confidential information, and may also be the subject of legal
professional privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient any use,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.  If you have =
received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply =
e-mail
and delete all copies of this transmission together with any =
attachments.

with "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.

To search the austechwriter archives, go to =

To contact the list administrator, send a message to =