atw: Re: How does List Number style restart after higher level in Report Template

  • From: "Naomi Kramer" <nkr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:26:30 +1000

Petra, I haven't come across the exact problem, but it reminds me of a =
list
numbering fix I've come across which may or may not apply (sorry I can't =
be
more helpful!).

List numbering stuffs up particularly horribly when applied directly =
after
another numbered style.  Sometimes this can be fixed by inserting a =
blank
line styled in a NON-NUMBERED format - eg. Normal style - between the =
two
numbered lines.

Some other list numbering fixes I've found -

- turn off automatic bulleting/numbering options.  The later the version =
of
Word, the more of these there are.
- save each numbered style to the template.
- turn off the 'automatically update style' option.

Don't ask for a why when the question has anything to do with styles and
list numbering... :-/

- Naomi