atw: Re: Help for DQoNCg0KDQo+IEJ5IHRoZSB3YXks emails

  • From: "Brian Clarke" <brianclarke01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:08:06 +1100

Hi Deborah,
I think you are being overly sensitive. All the comments I have seen
have been light-hearted.

While I can sympathise with the underdog, we have seen this problem
several times before. If, instead of merely pressing Send and then
walking away, we actually looked at the message reflected back to
us, we would surely notice that something wasn't working properly.

In this case, there have been at least two messages from the same
sender in the same kind of code, that have not been clarified.

I have left your message intact so you can see that you have picked
up the odd equals sign and the odd '=20'. Do you think the problem
may be in the reflector? Or, could it be somewhere else?

Also, there was no need to leave the whole of the unclarified
message and all the tails attached to your message. There are
hundreds of subscribers to this list - each extra unnecessary
character you leave there gets multiplied by hundreds at the ISP
level, taking up spectrum. And some of us pay for downloads.
Please trim.

Brian.
  Deborah said:

  Why is it that whenever someone has trouble posting to the list we get a =
  whole series of smart comments? =20
  Not a really friendly, welcoming atmosphere is it?

  I am going to assume that some helpful people have responded to Stuart =
  off list with assistance.
  I can't remember the exact way to fix it, but it has something to do =
  with your email sending out in a format freelists doesn't understand.  =
  You need to change to Format|Encoding|Western European (ISO)=20
  make sure UTF8 Compliant is not selected.

  You want to be sending to the list as plain text, not Microsoft based or =
  rich text or HTML.

  Some people have had trouble changing their settings in a corporate =
  environment and had to ask for help from their IT support staff.

    ----- Original Message -----=20