atw: Re: Help!! Word numbering Restart problem

  • From: "Christine Kent" <christine_kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:57:34 +1000

I have never really worked out how to solve this problem when you have a
team of writers.  As numbered list formatting changes from machine to
machine, its just a hell of a lot of editing time at the end. You just get
things stable on your machine and it all blows away again when it gets onto
another machine.

If you make sure you have automatically update styles off, you can fudge
things for the final edit and get away with it, as long as the document is
not going to be regularly maintained.

I still think, if you have any chance to do so, that you get them to work a
different way.

ck