atw: Re: Help! All text has...disappeared on Print.

  • From: "Kofler, Mark" <Mark.Kofler@xxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:00:46 +1000

Amanda, first what version of Word are you using?

Some suggestions:

*         Eliminate the printer or printer driver as the problem

o   Trying printing to a different printer. Are your printer drivers
corrupt?

o   Send the document to someone else and ask them to print it. Does the
problem still occur?

*         Eliminate the template as the problem

*         Try a cut and paste into another document attached to a normal
template and see if the result is the same.

If it prints successfully attach the original template you used to the
new document and see if the problem occurs.

*         Attach a different template to the problem document and see if
the problem still occurs.

*         Eliminate formatting as the problem

o   Select all the text in the document and then Ctrl+Spacebar. This
will reset all manually applied formatting, then print.

o   Change all the styles in the document to Normal and then try and
print

Mark Kofler
CA
Sr Technical Writer
Tel:        +1-610399446654
Mobile: +1-61401375219
Mark.Kofler@xxxxxx
<mailto:Mark.Kofler@xxxxxx>   <http://www.ca.com/>

Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 14:27:30 +1000
From: maloneyn@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If all of the text is in text boxes ' REM unlikely, but just in case it
is
    Then go into Printing options and turn on "Drawing objects"
End If

Neil.

On 1/06/2010 2:09 PM, Amanda Cat wrote:

Hey, gang,

I have a Word document (70 pages with images and using a standard
Word-generated style sheet).

When I print or PDF it (still a form of printing), the images display,
but there is NO TEXT.  The odd bullet and number from a list is also
displayed, but other than that, I get 70 pages of blank.

I have saved it as a DOC, DOCX, RTF... I have reattached the style
sheet. I have printed another document which uses the same style sheet -
that prints fine.

Is there some "Magic Printer Word Switch Thing(TM)"  I have tripped that
has disolved my text?

Help!!! The Programmer is getting impatient and wants his hard copy to
review and... I'm at a loss.

Many thanks in advance,

Amanda

GIF image