atw: Re: Great Mate vs Gr8 M8

  • From: "Bob Trussler" <bob.trussler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 02:22:40 +1000

I think that since we now have predictive text, the GR8 M8 is no longer
needed.
There is now a dialect based on the first of many possibilities when using
predictive text.  I use it accidentally.
When I type 4 6 6 3, the first result offered is GOOD, another offer is HOME
so the message 'I'll be home at six' can become 'I'll be good at six' which
of course can have a different meaning.
Bob T