atw: Re: Great Mate vs Gr8 M8

  • From: "Jonathan Moffett" <moff28@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:46:48 +0930

It may be that SMS English is simply a fad. Teenagers tend to drop a fad
when they see it passing into the mainstream like dictionaries and
advertising. I discovered this by chance yesterday. I had asked my son
if he signed his texts as "M8". The looks from my son and daughter
definitely made me feel not "groovy".  Certainly my two teenagers no
longer commonly use such abbreviations.
--
  Jonathan Moffett
  moff28@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx