Thanks Rhonda. That makes the 20 Nov 10 am course our (Aus East) Saturday
at 5.00 am. Yikes!
On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 11:45, Rhonda Bracey <Rhonda.Bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Los Angeles time (known as Pacific time in the US)
*From:* austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <
austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> *On Behalf Of *Sonja McShane
*Sent:* Wednesday, 18 November 2020 8:43 AM
*Subject:* atw: Re: Google Technical Writing online sessions
Thanks for sharing.
I'm wondering what 'Pacific Time' is? Any ideas?
On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 at 16:08, Ross Johnson <rjconsult@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues, students,
*Google online Technical Writing sessions*
Every software engineer is also a writer. Improve your technical writing
skills by taking one of Google's free technical writing courses. We've
aimed these courses at people in the following roles:
- professional software engineers
- computer science students
- engineering-adjacent roles, such as product managers
The courses are free, fun, and valuable to your career. Thousands of
Google software engineers have taken and loved these courses. Note that
these courses focus on *technical* writing, not on general English
writing or business writing.
You need at least a little writing proficiency in English, but you don't
need to be a strong writer to take these courses. You will find these
courses easier to understand if you have at least a little background in
coding, though you don't need to be an expert coder.
This autumn, we're offering the following two courses:
- Technical Writing One, which covers the critical basics of technical
- Technical Writing Two, which covers intermediate topics in technical
Each course consists of the following two parts:
1. self-paced online pre-class material
2. virtual live sessions
Though not a requirement, we strongly recommend doing the self-paced
online pre-class material prior to attending the virtual live sessions.
Click one of the following links to access the self-paced online pre-class
- Technical Writing One
- Technical Writing Two
To attend the live sessions, click the appropriate Google Meet link:
- Technical Writing One courses:
- November 20, 2020 10:00am - 12:30pm Pacific Time
- December 2, 2020 7:00am to 9:30am Pacific Time
- Technical Writing Two course:
- December 10, 2020 7:00am to 9:30am Pacific Time
Barry Rosenberg, Google Staff Technical Writer and co-creator of these
courses, will lead the live sessions.
We hope you can join us.