atw: Re: Goodbye technical writing ...

  • From: Suzy <SuzyDavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 23:05:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Geoffrey
What I do with numbered lists (as they do inevitably run into this
problem as some stage of document's life) is convert them to text.
 The only time they don't run into this problem is if they are set
up as part of the Heading series of Outline lists.

So copy your list, then in a plain paragraph (ie Body Text style)
select paste Unformatted as text.  Apply a hanging indent style.

You've got two choice - redefine your numbered list styles to be
part of the headings series and restart when higher level heading
is used, or use a hanging indent style.

In 2007 even my specially modified restart numbering macro fails.
I don't think I will bother looking for the remedy!

cheers
Suzy