atw: Re: Fwd: Privacy settings on Linkedin

  • From: Ana Young <ana_young2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:32:25 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Jasmine, that was very useful. I was not that surprised to see that my
account was set to share all my information with everyone...

Date: 1/16/2012
Subject: Privacy settings on Linkedin
Dear all, this is genuine so please read below!

Apologies if you've already seen this but Linkedin have very quietly introduced
some new settings that potentially seriously affect your privacy and your
ability to prevent unwanted emails (spam). These new settings are defaulted ON
and include allowing Linkedin to use profile information, names and photos in
third party advertising. Please see the links below for opting out. You might
want to consider alerting your contacts on Linkedin.

To reach the hard-to-reach settings options the following URL's should take you
directly to them (cut and paste into your browser if they don't work as live
links)

Manage social advertising:
https://www.linkedin.com/settings/?modal=nsettings-social-advertising&tab=account

Manage enhanced advertising:
https://www.linkedin.com/settings/?modal=nsettings-enhanced-advertising&tab=account

Data sharing with third party applications:
https://www.linkedin.com/settings/?modal=nsettings-data-sharing&tab=groups

Partner InMail:
https://www.linkedin.com/settings/?modal=nsettings-partner-inmail&tab=email

It is worthwhile checking your settings and deciding what you do not want!