atw: Re: Extra spacing after full stop

  • From: Write Ideas <writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:02:47 +1100

Hi Deborah (C).

To break your "habit" (AKA perfectly legitimate typing training) without having to do so:

Word (2003) Tools > Autocorrect Options? , then replace those double spaces with a single one on the fly.

Problem solved.

Regards,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas
www.writeideas.com.au
http://www.alliance.org.au/freelancers/journalists/write_ideas/details/
mailto:writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

20 Years of Write Ideas!

At 08:56 21/01/2008, you wrote:
Is the documentation produced by the company mainly in print or online? Extra spaces are automatically removed from web pages (unless you force it with a non-breaking space) which is great for this type of situation. The double spacers can keep doing it and the single spacers are happy.

I must confess I am a double spacer, although trying very hard not to be. It drives my boss nuts, but it is just how I learned to type. I have just gone back through this email and removed all the double spaces and have also set Word to do it for me. I still prefer the look of a double space but figure there isn't any point as most of my output is online. It is a very hard habit to break. I've been trying for 6 months now!

Deborah

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
14:15