atw: Re: Correct usage conundrum: "Match to" vs "Match with"

  • From: Bob Trussler <bob.trussler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian Clarke <brianclarke01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 00:01:47 +1100

Brian,
This has confused me because you have created a new physical object, or at
least a new name for a physical object.
I have never heard nor read of shying a shy, and I cannot find any reference
to that usage.  English is evolving as we type!

This new usage unlikely to be in the Macquarie or any other dictionary, or
even in a newspaper.

Bob T

--
Bob Trussler